Welcome to SCAH-FIWARE online competition
The Smart City App Hack (SCAH) and FIWARE join hands to launch the SCAH-FIWARE Online Competition. This worldwide initiative asks developers, entrepreneurs and urban activists to present their innovative web or mobile app using FIWARE to address any of the five smart city challenges identified by SCAH to help improve citizens quality of life. The online competition will run from September 1st to October 15th.
The best apps will be rewarded by impressive prizes starting by joining the FIWARE Accelerator Programme with more than 150K€ in grants, getting global visibility at Smart City Expo World Congress 2015 and the Mobile World Congress 2016. The less you can get is 10.000 € in cash prizes !
What can you do with FIWARE in the city?
FIWARE Generic Enablers ease the development of a context-aware application which exploits multiple data coming from different devices connected to the Internet of Things or some other sources of context information in the city. In other words, with FIWARE:
1. you can connect your own sensors and devices through IDAS IoT Agents;
2. you can use media streams from the city to analyze audio or video or to create Multimedia applications with Kurento;
3. you can generate or reuse context data from the city (open data) to be aware of what is happening now with Orion Context Broker, or store and query the context history;
4. you can analyze in real time context data (Proton CEP) or in batch big data analysis (Cosmos)
5. you can analyze and visualize your data with the business intelligence tool (Spago BI) or reate your web application with a mashup (Wirecloud);
6. and many other features that you will find in FIWARE catalogue, all of them protected with the security Framework (IdM, PEP, PDP)
FIWARE is the open source platform that is becoming the reference choice for developing “smart” applications on the Cloud.
Whether you are a developer, entrepreneur, SME/Start-Up or a citizen with a great app that fits one of the five challenges identified by SCAH, enter to the online competition.
A. Your App is already using FIWARE?
Submit your app (phase closed)
B. Your App is not using the advantages of FIWARE yet ? Start now !
Submit your app & get mentoring (phase closed) Read more
From October 16th to October 26th an online jury will evaluate the apps. The winners take away great prizes and get the opportunity to get global visibility at the Smart City Expo World Congress in Barcelona.
ONLINE VOTING IS OPEN NOW
Vote now for your favorite app and help them win the public prize. Voting is easy, anyone with a twitter account can vote; just send a tweet using your favorite app hashtag + the hashtag of the competition (example: I vote for the #appXXX competing on the at the #SCAH_FIWARE)
Closed Read more
If you make it to the Smart City Expo World Congress in Barcelona global visibility is guaranteed (+ 400 worldwide cities, + 250 smart city companies, etc)
FIND THE LUCKY APPS
Once selected you will find the lucky apps right here on this site. Stay tuned !)
Join us at Smart City Expo Read more
What can you win ?
CASH PRIZES AND GREAT VISIBILITY AT SMART CITY EXPO WORLD CONGRESS (NOV 2015) IN BARCELONA
10.000 € will be distributed among other four apps (5.000€, 3.000€, 1.500€, *500€) (*public vote)
The best apps using FIWARE GEs.
A. Potential Impact: the proposed idea will be evaluated with respect to market and media potential.
B. Technical Relevance: the proposed idea must make relevant use of the FIWARE technologies.
GREAT VISIBILITY AT MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS (MARCH 2016) DURING GSMA SHOWCASE
A. Use of IoT Backend Device Management GE (IDAS) to get data from sensors and devices
B. Use the NGSI Context Broker GE (Orion) to gather/publish/reuse data from IoT and possibly other context sources.
C. Working on any of the SCAH Smart City topics.
D. Willing to extract and curate data models for the selected application domain.
ACCELERATE YOUR APP IN THE MARKET WITH:
For all: because of the European nature of FIWARE Accelerator Program, only apps from European SMEs and Web entrepreneurs (FP7 eligible countries) can apply. They have also to show strong team and business plan.
Smart Grids, energy efficiency and renewable energies, sustainable mobility and electric car in the city
Smart City topics in general.
*For more information, please check our Terms & Conditions
Rules of participation
The winners will be selected by an online jury, composed by experts and representatives from FIWARE.
- To participate in this challenge you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and the conditions defined in the AppCircus Terms of Service.
- Valid apps are those covering one or more of the 5 areas described in the Challenges section
- Valid apps should use FIWARE technologies.
- Participation is open to any developer or firm.
- The Challenge is open to ANY mobile platform (i.e. Android, iOS, Microsoft, etc).
- The intellectual rights derived from the app belong to its creator (person, team or company)
Apps NOT permitted
- Apps offensive to public or private institutions
- Primarily political, sectarian or religious in nature
- Discriminatory to any person or group of persons
- Related to weapons/ammunition, tobacco, or adult-oriented
- Addresses the problem statement(s) and solves a real user’s needs
- The maturity level of the submitted applications must be as Minimum Viable Product (MVP) or Technology Readiness Level TRL 6
- Quality of user interface
- Technical and operational feasibility
- Economic and financial sustainability
- Creativity and innovation
- Use of FIWARE technology (Generic Enablers)